***My colleague and other USC Admission Counselor, Vivika Demel, is a USC Alum. We just recently unearthed that she been admitted into the spring semester at USC. She was gracious enough to fairly share her individual experience in the guest blog that is following. Continue reading for the look that is inside what it’s like being a spring admitted student.***
As a spring that is former, we realize the confusion lots of you might be experiencing right now. We remember getting my envelope that is big my acceptance letter from USC, after which realizing We was admitted for the spring.
’ What does springtime admission mean?, also’
We thought, 'Why me? Does it suggest we had not been good enough for autumn?’ I devote a few telephone telephone calls towards the Admission Office and thanks to a couple admission that is helpful and students, I soon had my concerns answered. We decided to accept USC’s springtime offer. In retrospect, there were benefits to searching for the spring, and We adored my Trojan experience.
Here are 5 things that aided me understand my offer of admission to spring semester:
- Being admitted for spring does NOT imply that USC doesn’t want you! pay attention to the Admit part of Spring Admit. We would like you! we are just incapable to accommodate all the learning pupils we wish for the fall semester, but we still want you being a member of the Trojan Family.
- You can be involved at USC in the fall. Spring admits can purchase tickets for house football games and sit in the student section. planning to games allowed me personally to fulfill other students and experience the Spirit of Troy. In addition, students can live near campus and just take classes at district universities, enabling you to relate with other Trojans into the autumn.
- You have got numerous different options for your autumn semester. Pupils can enlist at a grouped community college, research at the American University of Paris (we wish that this option ended up being available when we had been a spring admit), travel or work, or do so alot more. The opportunities are endless, and the luxury is had by you to select whatever is better for you personally.
- You’ll nevertheless graduate on time. Students who simply simply take classes at community college in many cases are able to graduate using their other Trojans whom began into the fall. We actually took five General Education courses within the fall, and had been able to increase major and minor at USC and graduate on time still.
- You will still have an authentic usc experience. No matter if they start, all of our students get to experience USC life to its fullest. You are able to be tangled up in our activities, activities, classes, and businesses. Moreover, we guarantee housing for our spring admits and try to pair spring admits together to make certain a provided smooth transition.
To sum it up, do not be frightened or stressed about your springtime admission. You’re a member of the Trojan Family with endless options and opportunities available.
in the event that you have every other questions, please feel liberated to make contact with the Office of Admission or your admission therapist.
Get Oriented With USC
May 1st is here now. You’re committed. We are therefore excited. You are relieved. HOORAY! Time for the step that is next.
Sign shmoop.pro up for USC Orientation!
USC Orientation Programs helps re-confirm the dedication you could have made by the May 1st Commitment Deadline today. Regarding the side that is practical’s essential because you’ll manage to create your classes, discover where things take campus, and get situated. However, you may also visited our campus making friends that are new also future BFF’s. You shall learn the fight track. You’ll finally have the hang of throwing up the 'V for Victory’ sign. (if you do not spent my youth in one of those families who knew exactly how to do this before learning how exactly to hold a bottle, as an infant) All exciting things!
Lots of our staff are Trojan alums and had Orientation fairly present sufficient to keep in mind their experiences. Read their quotes below because they reminisce about their very first memories as a Trojan throughout their orientation.
’USC Orientation was pretty awesome. My OA was a resource that is incredible gave a large amount of great advice about life being a USC student. Also, I met some of my future sorority sisters at Orientation. Undoubtedly memories that I shall constantly cherish.’
-Jessica Frey, Class of 2013
’ The part that is best of Orientation was the Spirit Rally! Hearing the musical organization play, learning most of the traditions, and being surrounded by my fellow Trojans was a memory we will not forget for some time.’
-Neelam Savla, Class of 2012
’To be honest, it’s hard for me personally to remember my orientation. Partially because we graduated from USC last year and my orientation was at 2007(i have to start some memory exercises). What I do remember was during Welcome Week therefore the start of USC, I did not feel lost or like i did not understand where we belonged. I do believe that is an expression of my Orientation experience and how it prepared me to step on campus in the feel and fall at ease. One memory that appears away and is clear from my orientation had been registering for classes. My educational advisor at the time, whom finished up being one of my bosses as I started employed in the division later on, aided me through all of it making sure that whenever we walked out from the office, we felt absolutely nothing but worked up about starting college, the classes I became taking being a Trojan.’
-Kendall Williams, Class of 2011
’ My fondest memory of USC Orientation was going in the future with a few of brand new acquaintances and gonna Del Taco for the midday snack. We met some students that became some of my first friends at USC. It had been additionally my first—and last—trip to Del Taco. (Go eat some Chano’s alternatively).’
-Eric Gebert, course of 2010
’ Through the band towards the fight song to the therefore Cal Spell Out, we enjoyed learning about Trojan Traditions.’
-Bryan Hudson, Class of 2013
’we remember eating in the dining halls for the very first time with my most useful friend and realizing, after 3 delicious slices of pie, that the freshman 15 could be very, very real.’
-Tyler-Rose Veguez, Class of 2012
’i went to Orientation 4 times (well, 4 summers) once as an incoming freshman and three times as a learning student staff user. It was constantly great to see individuals get from knowing no anyone to locating best buddies for the reason that short timespan that is two-day. They might be buddies you keep forever or friends only for the couple times you’re on campus, but in either case, they help you understand that you’ll find great individuals at USC and also you can find your niche once you move in.’
-Noel Viramontes, Class of 2009
’Orientation had been the moment every thing really clicked. I finally had the opportunity to stay down and talk with not only current USC pupils, but my personal freshman classmates in depth. We still had much in common though we might have come from different parts of the world and had different majors. These unique and people that are fascinating me excited to live, discover, and grow at USC the next four years.’
-Clay Busia, Class of 2013
IMPORTANT NOTE: It will not matter just what orientation session you subscribe for. You’ll have the same usage of the classes you’ll need in the event that you attend the previous or later sessions.
Many of you have actually currently signed up and reserved an area for orientation. Amazing! Until your session, feel free to explore the USC Orientation Programs website. If you are eager to find more info about student groups and companies on campus, go directly to the USC Student Affairs web site. Time as a Trojan will be right here before it is known by you!
Hey Trojans that is current and, can you keep in mind any enjoyable memories you had at Orientation?